While getting the post-op meal plan that we provide it’s also good to know some recommendations or specifications that go with that procedure. But always remember eat healthy...
- After a gastric sleeve the first thing that you need to know is that your stomach is going to be smaller than it used to be that’s why it’s really important to eat healthy and it will also help you to achieve better result on your weight loss.
- After eating you’ll feel full a lot faster, eating too much and fast can cause discomfort and also a natural defense system gets activated and prevents food from going down, when this happens you normally vomit.
- To prevent this, take your time to eat your meal, chew from 25 to 30 times, take small bites not mouth full ones.
- Diarrhea is a common side effect so don’t get scared and also happens when you have to much dairy products in your diet, try drinking more water to prevent dehydration and eat less dairy products.
- This type of surgery doesn’t only reduce your stomach size but it also makes some hormone changes to your body.
- When eating too much fat mostly 80 % of these type of patient get affected by the Dumping Syndrome (a group of symptoms, including weakness, abdominal discomfort, and sometimes abnormally rapid bowel evacuation, occurring after meals in some patients who have undergone gastric surgery.).
- Some patients present diarrhea and others constipation that’s why we always recommend to drink water along the day.
- And remember to have your multivitamins to prevent any future problems.
These procedure not only changes your stomach size it also re-routes how your food gets digested, that’s why it’s really important to get the vitamins, minerals and protein your body requires.
The most common ones are:
- Vitamins A, K, E, and D
Also you have to keep track on what you are eating and stay in contact with your Doctor to make sure you are getting all the absorption that you need